Saturday, February 28, 2015

Refinement

So, I lied. 

I spoke with my orthodontist, and he told me that if I wanted to do the refinement, I could start early and not go through the over-correction (last 3) aligners. I did the math and figured out that if I get the aligners back in time, I should be finished the week before the wedding.

Only negative to this - the only teeth he wants to fix are the top front two. That means, I'm going to have big attachments on my front two teeth. Just in time for my bridal shower and my bachlorette party. Yay... not. 

I'll also still have to wear my rubber bands. Ugh.

I figured though, if I'm doing this,

I'm going to do it right.

Steps of Refinement:

Yesterday, I had my attachments removed. Honestly, the easiest and best part of treatment. So quick, no pain, nothing. It's so nice to have my teeth back. Nothing jabbing into my lips. People take it for granted, but running your tongue over your teeth is awesome. Don't judge. :)

I'm still wearing my current aligners (#17) and I will change to my 1st over correction aligner on Sunday. No more Acceledent until my refinement aligners get here, so after I'm in the #18 aligner, I'll just be in those.

He sent out the models yesterday, so I'm hoping I have the aligners back in about 2 weeks. He told me I'll need 10 more weeks in aligners, so that should bring me to the week before the wedding. I just hope everything gets processed quickly and I'm seen as soon as they come in. If I have to end a week early, I will. He told me he'd take the attachments off for the wedding and put them on again if I needed to, which is nice :)

Since my attachments are off, I'm going to do my whitening now, and then just a touch up the week before the wedding. 

It's really nice having the attachments off. I'm happy with how my teeth are and would be completely fine ending today. But he sees issues, and I trust him. I want these babies to look nice until I'm 90.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home